Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Todays Recipe Chicken and Rice Casserole


This is a very easy casserole. You mix 1 can cream of chicken soup in the bottom of your casserole dish with 1 can of water. Add to that 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/8 tsp granulated garlic, and 2 cups of a frozen vegetable of your choice. ( I like mixed veggies for this but we had peas in the freezer so peas is what I used). Top with chicken, my family only needs 4 chicken breasts, you can put as much as will fit on the top. Also this works with boneless skinless or boned chicken. Now I usually do this while my chicken is frozen and then cover the casserole with foil and put it in the bottom of the fridge until about noon. At lunch time I set the cook time on my oven (this is really handy since no matter where you are your oven will turn on at the time you set it so you never have to hurry home to put dinner in the oven) My oven turns itself on in the late afternoon, if you don't have a self starting oven just pop it in about an hour before you want to eat. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. After 45 minutes uncover the casserole and sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese and return it to the oven for about 10 minutes so the cheese can melt.

No comments: