Thursday, April 24, 2008

After your cards are done



















Now I realize that the hard part will be getting all of your cards done, (it took me about a week) but trust me the system works. I store them in a regular recipe box. I have about 100 recipes now ready to go, favorites, new meals, and traditional like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now that your cards are done you need to transfer all the ingredients onto a master list. Mine is a spreadsheet, I keep copies of it on the cupboard so that when I realize I am low on something I highlight it so I know I need it at the store. On Sundays I go through the ads as well and highlight what is on sale that corresponds to what meals I was planning on that week. This saves lots of money! Each store has a different highlighter in my system so I know what I need to get where. Also, if I am ever running low on toilet paper or paper towels I don't forget them in my shopping. It is a good idea to leave some space so as you come across things that you may have forgotten or are new to your meals that you have a place to write it down.

No comments: