Monday, April 28, 2008

Todays Recipe Cream Cheese Chicken


warm 2 tbls olive oil in the bottom of your slow cooker. add to that one package of Italian salad dressing mix. Add your frozen chicken to the slow cooker, let that cook for 5 hours on low. After your chicken is cooked add 1 can of cream of chicken soup and 1 package of cream cheese. Mix to combine and let that warm over the chicken for and hour to as long as you need to let it cook. I have left mine in there for another 3 hours before and it tastes just fine. For the potatoes to go the cheap and quick way buy a bag of potatoes, (whatever is cheapest at the supermarket) and take 1and 1/2 per person, wash and cut into pieces, leaving the skin on. Boil until soft then drain off water and using a hand mixer add in milk until the mixture is creamy. It will be lumpy because of the skins but it really tastes good. Instead of milk you can use sour cream and it gives it a baked potato flavor in your mash. The green beans are just canned french cut green beans warmed and served. We also had home made rolls that night but they weren't out of the oven when I took this picture. If you want the bread or rolls in 30 minutes recipe let me know and I will add it to my blog. Oh also for a slightly more tasty recipe you can instead of olive oil use 1/2 a stick of butter, at our house I am trying to loose some weight so I try to cut out fat as I can.

No comments: