Thursday, April 24, 2008

Schedule

Okay now we are almost done with the hard parts. I realize that every family need is different, or if you are single you will have a schedule more like wake up throw dinner in the slow cooker go to work get home and eat. I'll share with you the schedule that I find works best for my family. You will have to find your own schedule, you may be able to adapt mine, or through it out completely and do things on your own time. I have very young kids and I find that taking them off their schedule even for 1 day throws everything out of wack. I will be honest though, things aren't always on schedule and they do end up watching more TV than I would like to admit, but we try to stick to the schedule. This is our schedule:

6am-7am Kids wake up play time
7:30 am Breakfast for kids
8am Mommy starts dinner preparation
9am snack time for twins, baby goes down for a nap
10am signing time videos baby wakes up
11:30am Lunch time and play time
12:30pm Nap time for everyone
1pm Mommy does dishes left from morning (or night before) basic clean up and house work
2pm Mommy quiet time (nap time)
2:30pm Kids wake up
3pm snack time
4pm Daddy is home kids spend time with daddy
4:30pm Mommy finishes dinner sets tables and empties dishwasher
5pm Dinner time
5:30pm Kids are done play time while mommy and daddy clean up dinner
6pm Bath time for all baby to bed right after bath
6:30pm twins brush teeth and wash faces
7pm book time and bed time

This system really works well for me, there has only been 1 day that I haven't had dinner ready to be cooked or in the slow cooker by 9 am. I have much more energy in the morning, I find that preparing dinner early is much easier and I never have to worry about things. I actually have this schedule posted in my house so if we ever have a babysitter (yeah right) or guests over they know what our kids need to be doing and when. There are always exceptions like outings to the zoo, air force museum, and such but it all really does fit into the schedule.

No comments: