Thursday, April 24, 2008

Todays Recipe Beef Stroganoff


I thought I would start with a very basic recipe, it may be basic but this one is very good.
I start out in the morning putting hamburger straight from the freezer into the slow cooker. You can add fresh chopped onions if you want but I am all about quick and easy so I add about 1/2 cup of dehydrated onions into the slow cooker with the meat. Season with about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and let that cook on high for about 2 hours. When I get the kids eating lunch I drain off any fat that may be in the slow cooker and add 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and 1/4 cup water. Stir this in, you may have to chop the meat up with your spoon a little but it should fall apart easily. After that is all mixed in you add about an 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika and stir that in. Now you are pretty much done until 30 minutes before dinner time. 30 minutes before dinner time boil water for your egg noodles, while those cook add about 1 and 1/2 cups of sour cream to the slow cooker (I use fat free don't tell my husband he can't tell the difference) stir that in and add another 1/4 teaspoon of salt. When your noodles are cooked just add those right into the slow cooker and let simmer while you get your salad and veggie ready. I usually do peas with this meal, my kids love them, I get store brand frozen peas and add water to a bowl and stick them in the microwave for 2 minutes and they are done. As for a salad, store mixes are great but if you are on a budget the cheapest way to go is with a head of lettuce, some carrots, cabbage, and any other salady veggies you may want, salads take less than 5 minutes and really finish off a meal well.


My Husband gives this recipe 5++ stars and asked to have it for his special birthday dinner meal. He likes stroganoff.

No comments: