Sunday, May 4, 2008

Todays Recipe Fried Rice


This is a family favorite. We had bacon and eggs for breakfast and had left over bacon and that becomes the meat for the fried rice. You can use any meat that you have. Ham and chicken work great but I have also used canned tuna before and it works just fine as well. I cook the rice in the morning in the rice cooker and stick it in the fridge, the bacon was cooked that morning, I just crumbled it. Start out by putting 2 Tbls of olive oil in the bottom of your skillet, chop up 3 green onions and let those cook in the oil, when those are translucent add into the mix 2 Tbls of sesame seed oil to the mix and add 3 to 4 cups of rice. Let that cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in 2 Tbls of soy sauce ( there is a packet of fried rice seasoning that you can get, and add it at this time, it is good but not necessary, you can find it in the Asian food section of your grocery store) Add in your bacon, or other cubed meat, and 4 scrambled eggs ( I usually scramble them when the rice is cooking) throw 2 cups of frozen peas and keep on medium heat until the peas are warm. I mix in 1/4 of a bag of chow mien noodles because it makes my kids want to eat it but that is the only reason. With or without this is a simple quick meal. From start to finish this is really only about 15 minutes as long as your rice and meat are cooked before hand.

1 comment:

Audra said...

You didn't put your husband's rating on any of these meals...just thought I'd remind you. I'm going to try a few of them and let you know how I liked 'em (if I remember...sometimes I wonder where I left my brain!) Thanks for the recipes.